Saturday, June 19, 2010

Kitty poop?

I have a three and a half month old Persian kitten. I've had her for a month and a half. From the very beginning she's been great about using her litter. The problem started a couple of days ago. She's been using her litter as always but when she comes out of her box she has a large piece of poop stuck on the hair around her back legs.I can tell she feels real bad about it but it's impossible for her to clean it herself.It's really stuck in the long hair she has there.It has happened three times and I ended up giving her a warm butt bath in order to get her cleaned.It's a real problem because if she uses her litter and I happen to be out she'll get poop all over the house!Is this normal for long haired cats? I haven't recently changed her diet.She is on a high quality kitten diet and her poop is normal. I'll be seeing my vet in two days for her rabies shot so I'll discuss it with him then. Meanwhile I was wondering if this happens to other long haired kittens. Thank you! : )



Kitty poop?

I have maine coon cats. I have 7. Two seem to have this problem where the poop doesn't come off. Then they hate it and scoot on the floor. I just put them under the hose in my laundry room sink and give them a butt bath. I think it is something we will just have to live with. I certainly would not get rid of a cat that has a little poopy problem. The hair and hairballs are part of owning cats.



Kitty poop?

Sure it happens. My long-haired cat gets poop stuck to her bottom. I just cut it off (the poop). If I were you, I would neatly trim the hair around her bottom and tail - she may not like it, but it will save you a lot of hassle trying to clean up after her. Good luck!



Kitty poop?

This happens quite a bit in long-haired cats, as well as dogs. Having your groomer or vet do a sanitary trim is the best way to help this. They trim the hair around the anus so as to minimize the "dingleberries."



Kitty poop?

well as it doesnt seem normal, it is quite common in all kinds of cats, this might sound gross but when ur cat poops it might be getting caught in its long hair when it comes out. i know it is gross. i feel dirty just typing it. but dont worry about it. if it helps try to just trim(not cut) ur cats behind hair and it wont get caought as much i guess. well just experiment with it and see how the outcomes come out to be! good luck!



Kitty poop?

I agree with Erin...I had a long hair once....trim the hair, do it nicely or take her to a groomer, so kitty won't be too upset



Kitty poop?

i would trim the area.



Kitty poop?

Yes its common among long haired cats.. When you visit you vet see if you can possibly trim her hair around that are so then she wont have this problem! GOOD LUCK!!



Kitty poop?

Yup - if you're going to the vet anyway ask him/her to shave that area a bit. Helped with my kitty!



Just don't try to do it yourself the first time - ask if you can watch while your vet does it so you see how it works. You can hurt them if you don't know what you're doing, and a cut in the poop area can get infected easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment