Saturday, November 28, 2009

Is it okay to use a semi permanant box dye on my hair a month before going to the salon?

6 months ago i died my hair dark brown with copper highlights, and i havent dyed it since, now my roots are very apparent (especially the lighter copper pieces). i was only able to book an appointment which is a month from now, but im feeling insecure about the roots. I would go to another salon, but ive had bad experiences before and this is a hair dresser i trust. I have been thinking about dyeing my hair a semi permanant medium brown, do you think it is a bad idea? or will it effect the colour that my hair comes out after i dye it at a salon? please help



Is it okay to use a semi permanant box dye on my hair a month before going to the salon?

You can only if...you are getting highlights with bleach during your salon appointment. Bleach can lighten through a semi, so you will be fine.



You cannot if...you are having your regrowth/roots lightened with haircolor. A permanent haircolor cannot lighten over top of a semi.



Call the salon and ask to be put on their cancellation list. Sometimes you can get in earlier, if you fill in for a canceled client.



Is it okay to use a semi permanant box dye on my hair a month before going to the salon?

Lonelfy Turkey is Right -- I had a bad reaction (smoking and burning hair!) to highlighting at the salon after using box dyes. Hair turned out OK, but my scalp got a bit burned. I am still researching this but the colorist did say that it was from metallics in the box dye so be careful. Report It



Is it okay to use a semi permanant box dye on my hair a month before going to the salon?

ive heard that some box dyes counteract with professional dyes. so Iwould call my stylist and ask her (or his) advice on what brand to use.



Is it okay to use a semi permanant box dye on my hair a month before going to the salon?

ya... i did the same thing and i didnt have any troubles other than the really bad cut...



but my hair was dark brown before and i wanted to dye it a bit darker and it came out darker than i thought it would be but thats probaly just me! lol



just mention it to your stylist or w/e but i think every thing should be OK : )

No comments:

Post a Comment