Saturday, November 28, 2009

HELP! My rabbit has stringy poop?

I just noticed that my rabbit has stringy poop today. It's not small, or soft, it just looks like normal poop pieces stuck together like a chain with hair. I brush her often, and I give her a lot of hay for fiber and the right vegetables for nutrients. So I don't really think it is a fiber problem? She is currently in the process of bonding with another rabbit, and yesterday they got in a fight and a lot of hair was pulled out. Do you think she swallowed the hair that she pulled out from the other rabbit, therefore causing this "stringy" poop? She's eating, drinking, and acting normally. What should I do?



HELP! My rabbit has stringy poop?

I'm guessing your rabbit is shedding? This happens more when they are shedding a lot. It's not a real problem yet- better out than in. But sometimes they have intestinal slow-downs during this and they can go into GI stasis. That's where their intestines stop moving and it's very dangerous. So you'll need to keep an eye out.



Even though she eats hay, reduce her pellets a bit so she eats more hay while she's shedding. This will help push everything through better. You can go back to her normal amount when she's done shedding. Also, when they're shedding I give my buns a daily treat of canned pumpkin (100% pure, not the pie stuff). 4 of the 5 love it. I give them about a tablespoon full once or twice a day. It helps gets more fiber and water into them and is really good for helping keep the intestines moving smoothly.



Also make sure she gets out to exercise a lot, because that helps the intestines too.



HELP! My rabbit has stringy poop?

If she,s getting enought hay, then just nature work,



this too shall pass.



HELP! My rabbit has stringy poop?

nooo dont worry about it alot of times fruit and vegitables do that it is TOTALLY normal if you try feeding it regular rabbit food like not carrots oe something it will go back to normal so dont worry at all



HELP! My rabbit has stringy poop?

My rabbit does that all the time! Dont worry. It sounds like the kind of poop they eat. Every morning and night they poop out special poopl that they have to eat to get proper nutrution. I dont remember where I read that but its true.



HELP! My rabbit has stringy poop?

I think its about time you cook that rabbit up and eat em.



HELP! My rabbit has stringy poop?

This sounds normal to me. Rabbits (like humans) sometimes experience bouts of loose stools. They/we do this as a way of cleaning out our systems. If for some reason she doesn't go back to her normal stools, then I would suggest taking her to the vet.



As for introducing her to another rabbit, I would make sure that I was there to supervise the bonding process. Rabbits can be quite vicious when they want to be, and sometimes when you try to bond two of them together, they will seriously hurt each other.



Enjoy your rabbit, and if you have any other questions about them, you can always go on line and google it.



HELP! My rabbit has stringy poop?

ok so give her more hay and maybe shes drinking too much water. take her to the vet 'cause my rabbit was doing the same and it got worse so i took it to the vet and bring in some of the poo and they do tests on the poo and they will give u medcine to give it!



HELP! My rabbit has stringy poop?

I know what you mean, I saw that too in my female rabbit (unfortunately she passed away on June 22nd). Anyways, whenever I see chain of poops I cleaned her bottoms with baby wipes. She wasnt eating pellets that time, I caught her eating my other rabbits poops. It was disgusting. Then I changed their bedding and fed her with alfalfa hay. she's ok with it. since she could not eat pellets as a whole, I grind pellets and mixed with water, from then on her poop went to normal. BTW, does she eat pellets?.

No comments:

Post a Comment