Thursday, November 26, 2009

I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

does everyone feel like this when they turn 20? I feel as old as dirt. People keep asking me if i feel older and i say yes. this is the first time ive ever felt this depressed about my age. I bent over to pick up a few pieces of paper that fell, and my back started hurting, and this morning when i was looking in the mirror, i could have sworn i saw a gray hair. Am i going to start wrinkling soon? And when i go out, i feel too old for the 18 and older clubs, but too young for the 21 and over clubs........how do i get out of this great depression??



I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

It's called a quarterlife crisis. Pick up the book by the same name. Don't worry because this feeling won't last. Good luck



I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

wait a year



I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

Well since you found a grey hair.. lol



Just wait until you hit 30 ...... Thats when it hit me!



I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

A.. I really doubt your feeling aches and pains of being old. Maybe you slept wrong. B... You probally are not graying. So I would say to get out of your depression get a grip and come to terms w/ being another year older. And have a Merry Christmas since you put this in the holiday area.



I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

well honey welcome to adult hood ! oh wait until you turn 28 then 40 you get the picture. Their comes a time in a women's life when she goes to the next level what I have realized their are stages 1st you are a little girl, then a preteen, then a young lady , then a lady, then you finally become a woman enjoy the ride!



I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL, YOUNG 20 YEAR OLD. Get that in your head, and repeat it over and over again. Look yourself in the mirror, and tell yourself that you are gorgeous. You are EXTREMELY young, but your are mature. Go to the clubs, (be safe) and feel young. Every ones back hurts here and then, so go to a masseuse, get your hair done, so to a spa, go shopping, go for a jog, get a facial, and trust me, you'll feel AMAZING!



I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

Go visit a retirement home. See what age is really about.



I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

I turned 20 25 years ago! Enjoy your youth , it only comes once. Stay active and get in shape! See a chiropractor for your back and health. Take your vitamins and minerals and don't party too much. Hang out and talk with your friends who may be feeling the same way, and remind each other that in a year, you'll all be 21 and can go anywhere you want. Go and make plans to party in Las Vegas or someplace happening! Stay cool and be happy!



I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

Just be patient, and in a couple weeks, you'll turn around and be ~40~



I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

20 aint sheot! Your young. Im 40 and I see you 20 year olds and wish I could go back in time but only with my wisdom and assets I have acquired cuz were so dumb at 20. Good news is that if you take care of your skin NOW it will pay off when your 40 cuz I get with 25 to 30 yr olds all the time...they think Im 32! That great depression is just part of being young and dumb...you got it made. How bout some pics?



I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

Welcome to another chapter in your life. I really doubt you are feeling depressed. Maybe a little down because of the time of year. Don't worry about your hair, it is fine. Your back was not hurting, it was all in your mind. Wrinkles will eventually hit you, no need to worry and create them now. Yep, you are probably too old for the 18 type clubs. Then again, maybe some of your peers have stopped with the party scene or changed clubs and now you feel that you are the senior person in the club. Find a good b/f or g/f and stop the party circuit at clubs. Let nature take its course and enjoy life. Before long, you will be 29 and freaking out again. Then comes 35 and another freak session about old age. It really becomes easy when you learn to accept life and the aging process. 20 years of age was over a quarter century for me, there are days when it feels like yesterday and other times it is a distance memory, as if it never happened. Then again, I have a daughter who is 20 now and attending a university in Europe. Maybe you are just thinking too deep about your life. Relax and enjoy it.



I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

"........how do i get out of this great depression??"



How 'bout grow up? Please...20? Drama queen



I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

I got my first gray hair when I was 12...no joke! no need to feel old now. life will go on and age is a part of that...but so is freedom!



I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

are you kidding me???!!! try being 43!...you constantly ache, menopose etc etc,,,to be twenty again..I'd be flying high...midlife crisis?...nah...your just out of your teens thats all...wait until you hit 50 then maybe you'll consider midlife...be happy and live the good life...happy 20th...rejoice



I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

Yes it is a fact of life you are going to get older you are going to get sick and you are going to die. But on the brighter side of it. This feeling is not going to last forever either. everything is always changing you are going to have good and bad feelings about your age but if you think about. That it doesnt really matter what you feel about your age because you cannot change it



I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

Dear God! I was having a ball at 20; as for the skin, most white people wrinkle earlier than non-whites; don't know anything about back problems-that's relavant to other conditions possibly psychological, maybe? Depression, hmmm........I don't know, being male and 58 I've still got my hair although erections are not as frequent; women on the other hand, have a ball in their prime which contrasts men's prime in our 20's and 30's. No risk of pregnancy (for women) as long as there's no promiscuity. I failed to mention that i suffer from PTSD and must take anti-depressant medication which causes mild impotence, but last summer, Ihad an affair with a knockout and although I didn't perform like a young man, I sure had a good time. And my love life isn't that great , but i'm thankful for small surprises. Enjoy your life! and don't worry so much! And remember there are young old men and old young men- and women.



I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

I completely understand you're not a teenager anymore . That's hard to cope with, it does, how ever go away. 20 is also just a weird word it's not even fun to say. My best friend had her issue when we turned 19 that was 19 years ago and she is just fine. Don't worry just live.



I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

I went through mine the year I turned 26. I just knew I would wake up in the morning and be old and wrinkled.



Happy to announce that even at age 52 I still do not have any wrinkles and recently been mistaken for a teenager.



Yes I believe most people go through something like this at one point in time or another.



When I was a little girl, my mother would have her ladies club meet at her house and some of the ladies claimed to be in their 20's but some of them looked so old though they claimed otherwise.



When I was old enough to realize they had been lying about their age I decided that I wouldn't ever lie about my own. Instead I chose to do whatever I could to protect my skin from the ravages of time and unnecessary exposure to any radical excesses or over indulgences.



To prevent yourself from becoming wrinkled and developing skin cancer, avoid too much tanning. I had sun poison 2 years in a row. My doctor told me 'no more tanning'. I took his advice and my skin fortunately recovered.



Do not smoke it ages and dries out the skin. My mother was quite beautiful when she was young. She began smoking after she married my father and went to work. She passed away ten years ago.



Looking back on pictures I have of her at different ages and comparing them to mine at the same age most people would assume my mother's photo to be at least a decade if not more older than my own photo taken at the very same age.



Near the end of her life she didn't like anyone taking her picture. She wanted us to remember her as she looked when she was young and before she began smoking.



The old saying that says smoking makes you look older should be smoking makes you look old and not in a good way. And once that happens there isn't much hope of reversing it.



Do not use any illegal or street drugs!



And if you do drink alcohol do it sparingly, such as in mixed drinks or a glass of wine or a glass of beer not several glasses or shots of anything, your liver will thank you for keeping it healthy.



To maintain your youthful appearance drink lots of water. Eat plenty of fresh fruit and veggies. I am not a vegetarian. I do enjoy a nice juicy steak and I enjoy my roast beefs, which I roast in honey brown beer or red wine or burgundy.



When you roast or cook red meat in wine or beer it removes the alcohol and the cholestrol with it.



Don't frown or squint too frequently. I still don't have any crows feet thank goodness.



Every time you shower and bathe use moisturizer afterwards.



I enjoy soaking in the tub and taking showers almost daily. It's a great stress reliever!



My skin is as smooth and as soft as my childrens were when they were babies. I exfoliate all my dead skin cells weekly.



A lifelong close friend of mine died last year unexpectedly.



I was blessed to have gotten the chance to spend an entire day with her prior to her passing.



While we were at lunch she asked me if I had ever had a face lift or anything because she couldn't get over how young I look.



"No", I told her with a laugh, as I knew she didn't intend it as an insult, it was actually a compliment ," I haven't had any Botox or face lifts or plastic surgery, couldn't have afforded them even if I did want or need them." She admitted she didn't think that I had done anything, but she just thought she'd ask.



Then I told her about the funny incident when I went to be with my daughter when she was having surgery. The nurse came out to tell me I could go in and the nurse was under the assumption I was just a friend. When my daughter told the nurse and then her doctor that I was her mother they were stunned! "You're her mother?!!, What's your secret?" I answered "Good Genes, taking care of myself %26amp; no smoking, drugs or over indulgence in alcohol or anything else and eating right."



Unfortunately not all of my children listened to my advice, when they were teenagers or young adults or followed my example. Now they look older than I did, when I was their age and we have the family photos to prove it.



My youngest daughter, is 28.



To help with your depression try making some fruit smoothies.



I was never able to drink milk growing up, but we have recently discovered 8th Continent Soy Milk. It is delicious! It comes in 3 flavors. Original, Vanilla and Chocolate and they are delicious! They can be heated and baked with and everything. And my fingernails are growing like they used to when I was on prenatal vitamins before my children were born.



We have been making the most amazing smoothies with the 8th continent and vanilla yoplait yogurts! Fresh or frozen berries, bananas or fresh fruit diced up and blended in with the 8th continent Vanilla and Vanilla yoplait yogurt makes wonderful smoothies and seem to be a mood lifter also.



Invite your friends over for a fun spa day of beauty, dvd's, cd's, cards or a game of some sort or dancing and fresh fruit smoothies, popcorn, cheese and crackers and veggie tray with dip. You don't need alcohol to have fun!



Coffee shops, libraries, museums and amusement adventure parks are a great place to go and meet people too! Volunteer work is another excellant way of meeting new and interesting people that won't leave you feeling badly because you are not of legal drinking age.



Being old enough to drink isn't any guarantee of fun or of having a fulfilling life.



Drinking, drugs and partying has led more people to unbearable heartache and headaches than it has ever brought them happiness.



Life has so much more to offer to those, who really want it.



I think Im having a middle mid life crisis????

your setting yourself up for this whole thing. A.) Your thinking about it way too much... B.) So what if your getting older. Its gonna happen anyway whether you want it to or not its still gonna happen. Just enjoy life at the moment. One of the many possible reasons your back started hurting is because you've been having the "I'm getting old" thought in your head for too long. The "possible" white hair, trust me you wouldnt be the first... I knew a kid in Jr. High who had his hair looking like salt and pepper.... Dye your hair if you must... get over it, move on, live life to the fullest, stop bringing yourself down about this... your fine, your just putting too much thought into your age.... Start a hobby to distract yourself if you must....

No comments:

Post a Comment